Whole Wheat Potato Rolls
Serves: 2 dozen rolls
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp honey or molasses
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups very warm water (120°-130°F)
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- In large mixing bowl combine yeast, honey, salt, Buttermilk Blend, potato flakes and whole wheat flour.
- Add butter and eggs.
- Add warm water and beat until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- By hand, add enough all-purpose flour (2½ to 3½ cups), one cup at a time, to form a stiff dough. Turn out on floured board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead until smooth and elastic (5 to 8 minutes).
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all sides.
- Cover, let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down.
- Turn out onto lightly-floured board and divide dough in half.
- Divide each half into 12 pieces.
- Form into smooth balls.
- Place in 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans.
- Cover, let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 138 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 222mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 16mg