Whole Wheat Crumb Coffee Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup solid shortening
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease one 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl sift together all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, SACO Buttermilk Blend, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in whole wheat flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Set aside 1 cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Add raisins to remaining mixture.
- In small mixing bowl beat together egg, water and vanilla and stir into flour mixture until just blended.
- Do not overbeat.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle reserved flour mixture over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 222 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 50g Sugar: 27g Sodium: 222mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 2mg