Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits
Serves: 12 servings
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large mixing bowl stir together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening thoroughly until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add water and mix until dough is pliable.
- Do not overbeat.
- Turn dough out onto lightly-floured surface and knead gently for about 30 seconds (20 to 25 times). Roll or pat ½ inch thick, no less.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Place close together on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 84 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 294mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg