Upside-Down Chocolate Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- ½ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 1¼ cup sugar, divided
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 Tbsp Ultra-gel, modified food starch
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅔ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Saco Premium Baking Cocoa, flour, ½ cup sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend and Ultra-gel.
- Stir with a wire whip to combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Cream together butter and ¾ cup sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, beat well, add vanilla.
- Alternately combine flour mixture with butter mixture adding enough water to blend.
- Pour cake batter into prepared bundt pan with the brown sugar, butter, nuts and coconut topping. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, loosen sides with spatula.
- Invert onto flat serving plate.
- Serve warm or cold with topping or ice cream if desired.
- Melt butter in the bottom of a bundt pan, stir in brown sugar.
- Sprinkle pecans and coconut over sugar mixture, then sprinkle with evaporated milk.
- Set aside.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 281 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 36g Sugar: 25g Sodium: 222mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 49mg