Two-Egg Chocolate Chiffon Cake
Serves: 32 servings
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups cups cake flour *, sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Have ingredients at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 13 x 9 inch baking pan, or two 8 or 9-inch round layer pans.
- In small mixing bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
- Beat in ½ cup of the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- Set meringue aside.
- In large mixing bowl sift together remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking soda and Buttermilk Blend. Add ⅓ cup oil and half the water.
- Beat one minute on high speed, scraping bowl constantly.
- Add remaining water, egg yolks, oil and 6 Tbsp. cocoa.
- Beat one minute, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Fold in meringue.
- Pour into pan(s).
- Bake oblong pan 40 to 50 minutes, layer pans 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests clean.
- Frost as desired or use to make SACO Bavarian Torte.
- * If cake flour is not available, substitute 1½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
Nutrition InformationCalories: 98 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 110mg Fiber: 16g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg