Twice Baked Potato Soup
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 3 green onions, cut
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4 ham slices, cut (not lunch meat)
- ¼ cup sour cream (optional)
- ½ cup sharp cheese, shredded green onions, to taste
- Peel and cube potatoes and put in soup pan.
- Whisk together water and Saco Cultured Buttermilk.
- Pour into pan.
- Add onion and add butter to pan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Add salt and pepper, green onions, green pepper and ham.
- Continue cooking until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat. Mash some potatoes (not all) in pan to thicken soup.
- When ready to serve add green onions, peppers, ham, sour cream and cheese for garnish.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 399 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 48g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 927mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 21g Cholesterol: 60mg