Tunnel of Fudge Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 1¾ cup margarine, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and margarine, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add powdered sugar; blend well.
- By hand, stir in flour and remaining cake ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured pan, spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is set and edges are beginning to pull away from sides of pan. Cool upright in pan on wire rack for 1½ hours.
- Invert onto serving platter; cool at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding just enough water for desired drizzling consistency.
- Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down the sides.
- Store tightly covered.
- Nuts are essential for the success of this recipe.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 554 Fat: 32g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 65g Sugar: 45g Sodium: 261mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 70mg