Tropical Pound Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp rum extract
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp rum extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Beat sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and rum extract.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking powder and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend alternately with crushed pineapple.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Make and icing from powdered sugar, rum extract and milk.
- Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 485 Fat: 20g Saturated fat: 13g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 70g Sugar: 46g Sodium: 253mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 105mg