Serves: 18 muffins
- 2½ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups fresh rhubarb, cut in
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease or paper line 18 muffin cups.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, Buttermilk Blend, nuts, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In small mixing bowl beat together brown sugar, water, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold rhubarb into batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 199 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 178mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 2mg