Serves: 20 servings
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups rhubarb, diced
- ½ cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease two loaf pans, or one Bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl beat together brown sugar, oil, water and egg.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking soda and salt; add to brown sugar mixture.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in rhubarb and nuts; blend well.
- Pour into prepared pan(s). - See more at: http://www.sacofoods.com/recipes/view/rhubarb-bread#sthash.gEcgggZT.dpuf) 2. topping (In large cup stir together topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 172 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 24g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 192mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg