Red Velvet Pound Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 7 eggs
- 1 oz red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb confectioners sugar milk, if necessary
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each.
- Stir in food coloring and vanilla.
- Mix flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely on rack before frosting.
- Frosting Combine cream cheese and butter, blend until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually add in sugar, beat until creamy.
- Add milk if necessary for desired consistency.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 781 Fat: 32g Saturated fat: 16g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 117g Sugar: 90g Sodium: 260mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 168mg