Saco Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake with Lemon Curd Filling
Serves: 16 servings
- Pound cake (3⅓ cups cake flour ½ tsp baking soda ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend 1 cup butter, softened 2 cups granulated sugar 4 eggs 2 tsp lemon extract grated zest from 1 lemon ¼ cup fresh lemon juice ¾ cup orange juice 10 oz jar lemon curd, separated - See more at: http://www.sacofoods.com/recipes/view/saco-lemon-poppy-seed-pound-cake-with-lemon-curd-filling#sthash.uxDLQuCQ.dpuf) 2. glaze (2 Tbsp. lemon curd ¼ cup water)
- Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- Sift together first five ingredients.
- In a separate bowl beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl beat eggs with lemon extract.
- Gradually add egg mixture to butter/sugar mixture.
- Add lemon zest.
- Combine lemon and orange juice.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the lemon/orange juice.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and cake starts pulling away from sides of pan.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- Cut the cake into three layers.
- Stir the remaining lemon curd to make it more spreadable.
- Spread half of the lemon curd on the bottom cake layer.
- Top with middle cake layer.
- Spread remaining lemon curd on second cake layer.
- Top with cake top.
- Heat lemon curd with water until dissolved.
- Brush Glaze on cake once assembled.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 397 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 62g Sugar: 38g Sodium: 244mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 94mg