Sweet Potatoe Curry Bisque
Serves: 4 servings
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 29 oz canned sweet potatoes, cut & drained
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp curry
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook onions and peppers in butter over medium heat.
- Add stock, sweet potatoes and spices.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix buttermilk with flour and mix well.
- Add to sweet potato mixture.
- Add water.
- Heat until boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer or blender, puree mixture until very smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired.