Supreme Chocolate Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ vanilla
- ¾ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cocoa and boiling water until smooth; stir in cold water.
- Sift together Saco buttermilk powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add creamed mixture to cocoa mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with ½ cup powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla, whipping cream and remaining sugar.
- Beat until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Place one cooled cake layer on a serving plate.
- Spread with ⅓ of the frosting.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 373 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 10g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 54g Sugar: 36g Sodium: 339mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 89mg