Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1½ cups finely chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease one 2-quart casserole dish.
- Pare and thinly slice potatoes.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter over low heat.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in SACO Mix’n Drink powder and water.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Arrange ⅓ potatoes in prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle ½ the onion and ham over potatoes.
- Pour ⅓ of the milk mixture over all.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot top with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender, 60 to 70 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Variations: Adding ham, chopped into cubes, and/or shredded cheese makes this a delicious main dish. Note: This dish can be prepared ahead of time and reheated with delicious results.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 349 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 48g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 1042mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 17g Cholesterol: 43mg