SACO Ultimate Chocolate CHUNK Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 oz SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together butter, shortening and sugars.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- In separate small mixing bowl stir together flour, soda and salt.
- Slowly beat dry ingredients in to batter, beating until well-mixed.
- Fold in CHUNKS (and nuts, if desired).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on to prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make bars, prepare batter as instructed for cookies.
- Press dough in to greased 9 x 13 pan and bake 15 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool pan on wire racks.