Saco Trail Mix (Gorp) Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serves: 1.5 dozen cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cloves or ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 12 oz SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- 1 cup trail mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, cloves or nutmeg, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream together butter, shortening, sugars and vanilla.
- Beat in egg.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix well.
- With a large wooden spoon stir in CHUNKS and trail mix until well-mixed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 196 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 29g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 194mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 14mg