Saco Sunshine Orange Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 3⅓ cups cake flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.
- Sift together first five ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs with orange extract and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add egg mixture to butter/sugar mixture.
- Add orange zest.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the orange juice.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and cake starts pulling away from sides of pan.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- Whisk together in small bowl until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 394 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 65g Sugar: 41g Sodium: 234mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 78mg