Saco Low-Country Pot Pie
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup lard
- 3 Tbsp water
- ½ cup butter
- 8 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- ⅔ cup baby corn ears, chunked
- 1 cup potatoes, diced and pre-cooked
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped and pre-cooked
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- 6 oz shrimp, pre-cooked and de-vained
- ⅓ cup crabmeat, chopped
- ½ cup lobster meat, boiled and chopped
- ¼ cup crawfish, boiled and chopped
- Sift flour into bowl with seafood seasoning, salt and Saco Buttermilk Blend.
- Gradually mix in lard, water and butter.
- Work with hands until it forms a ball.
- Place dough ball in a lightly greased bowl, covered, in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Roll out 2 crust shells.
- Place one in the bottom of deep pie pan.
- Reserve the other for the pie topping.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In skillet mix Saco Buttermilk Blend with chicken broth over low heat.
- Whisk in seafood seasoning, salt and cornstarch.
- Add butter and vegetables.
- Continue cooking over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add seafood. Continue cooking over low heat; stir frequently.
- Pour into crust.
- Place top crust onto pot pie.
- Cut several vents. Bake, covered for 45 minutes and then uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 579 Fat: 31g Saturated fat: 16g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 51g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 1320mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 25g Cholesterol: 146mg