Saco Chocolate Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- .8oz pkg SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ⅛ cup almond slices
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the sugar, shortening and butter; add eggs and flavorings.
- In a separate bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add to cream mixture alternating the dry ingredients and the water until well blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 1½ - 2 hours or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
- Melt Saco Chocolate Chunks with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Drizzle on the top and down the sides.
- Sprinkle with almond slices for decoration, if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 445 Fat: 20g Saturated fat: 7g Trans fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 64g Sugar: 43g Sodium: 235mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 57mg