Roasted Garlic Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
Serves: 12 biscuits
- 2½ Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp roasted garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cheese and garlic.
- Add water and mix until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and kneed 10-12 times.
- Roll dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter on tops.