Refrigerator Bran Muffins
Serves: 24 muffins
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, Buttermilk Blend, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In separate medium mixing bowl pour 1 cup boiling water over bran cereal; let stand until cereal has absorbed all the water.
- Stir in 2 additional cups water.
- In large mixing bowl thoroughly mix together oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir cooled bran into oil and sugar mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Do not overbeat.
- Either use immediately or refrigerate batter, covered, up to five weeks.
- When ready to use, dip batter from container (without stirring) into greased muffin tins or cupcake liners.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 167 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 29g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 136mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 2mg