Raspberry Almond Chocolate Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1½ cups milk, room temperature
- 1 pint raspberries powdered sugar
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8oz pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ½ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- Line bottom of pans with wax paper.
- In a bowl combine flour, premium baking cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and eggs until well combined.
- Beat in almond extract and milk.
- Gradually add flour mixture on low speed and scrape sides of bowl.
- Spread batter evenly onto prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans, peel off wax paper and let cool thoroughly.
- Place cake layer on serving platter.
- Spread with thin layer of cream cheese frosting.
- Place raspberries on top of layer of frosting.
- Place second cake on top, spread frosting over top and sides.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and light dusting of powdered sugar.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat cream cheese and butter with mixer.
- Combine with cocoa, almond extract and powdered sugar until frosting is light and fluffy.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 320 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 7g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 50g Sugar: 31g Sodium: 267mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 66mg