Ranch Style Pot Pie
Serves: 8 servings
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp evaporated milk .
- 1 lb stew meat
- ½ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 10 oz cans beef gravy
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup potatoes, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 15 oz can whole mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water to form soft dough.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out on a well floured surface, to fit a 9 inch pie pan.
- Pour meat mixture in and roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice top.
- Trim and seal edges.
- In a small bowl beat egg and milk and brush over lattice top. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. =
- Coat stew meat in flour; then brown in shortening.
- Place meat in slow cooker along with onion, gravy and salt.
- Cook until meat is tender, about 1½ hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery, garlic and tabasco sauce; cook until all vegetables are done.
- Add peas and mushrooms and set aside.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 601 Fat: 36g Saturated fat: 19g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 50g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 1075mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 20g Cholesterol: 114mg