Quick (One-Rise) Orange Buttermilk Sweet Rolls
Serves: 2.5 dozen
- 2 pkgs dry yeast
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 5½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1¾ cups very warm water (120-130°F)
- Orange Filling
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In large mixing bowl combine yeast, sugar, baking soda, salt, Buttermilk Blend and 2½ cups flour. Add butter and eggs.
- Add warm water and beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- By hand, add enough remaining flour (3 to 4 cups), one cup at a time, to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured board, cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead until smooth and elastic (5 to 8 minutes).
- Divide in thirds.
- Roll each third into 12 x 7-inch rectangles.
- Spread each rectangle with ⅙ of the Orange Filling.
- Roll up, starting with wide side.
- Pinch long edge of dough into roll to seal well.
- Stretch rolls to make even.
- Cut each roll into 10 slices.
- Place slightly apart in 3 greased 8 or 9-inch round cake pans (10 rolls per pan).
- Cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While warm, frost each pan with remaining filling.
- Orange Filling
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into 6 equal parts.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 201 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 34g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 224mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 27mg