Quick Mix Buttermilk Shortcakes
Serves: 6 shortcakes
- 2½ cups Buttermilk Quick Mix*
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup milk
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and blend until soft dough forms.
- Gently smooth dough into ball on lightly-floured surface.
- Knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll dough ½-inch thick.
- Cut with floured 3-inch cutter.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet until golden brown 10 to 12 minutes.
- Split and top with sweetened fruit and whipped cream.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 315 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 7g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 35g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 568mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 18mg