Quick Buttermilk Rolls
Serves: 2 dozen rolls
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 pkgs dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1¾ cups very warm water (120°-130°F)
- In large mixing bowl combine 1½ cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt, Buttermilk Blend, baking soda and shortening. Mix well. Add very warm water to flour mixture. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
- By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a firm dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes).
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all sides.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled (about 20 minutes).
- Punch down.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- Shape each ball into 12-inch rope and cut into 12 pieces.
- Form pieces into balls.
- Place about ½ inch apart on greased cookie sheet or 15 x 10 inch pan.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until almost doubled (about 20 minutes).
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan.
- Brush with butter, if desired.
- Cool on racks.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 124 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 130mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg