Quick Apple Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup apples, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 9-inch square baking pan.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream together the sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Blend in water.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Do not over beat.
- Fold raisins into batter.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Arrange apple slices in fancy design on top of batter, pressing them slightly into batter.
- Sprinkle Topping over apples and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done. Best when served warm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 153 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 19g Sodium: 133mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg