Pumpkin Spice Biscuits
Serves: 12 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 5 Tbsp cold butter
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or fingertips.
- Combine water and pumpkin and add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Turn out onto a floured board.
- Knead about 4 times and then pat dough down to a ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bakes at 450°F for 8-10 minutes.