Prune-Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serves: 2.5 dozen cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- Preheat to 375°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream the butter.
- Add both sugars and beat well.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients.
- With a large wooden spoon stir in the rolled oats, prunes, nuts and CHUNKS.
- Roll a generous tablespoon of dough between your hands for each cookie and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- With a fork moistened with water, flatten cookies by pressing first in one direction, and then another; they should flatten to about ½ inch.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Variation: Figs or dates can be substituted for the prunes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 235 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 31g Sugar: 19g Sodium: 189mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 16mg