Praline Pound Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 3 cups all-purposes flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- 2⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend; set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and shortening together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add brown sugar; break up any lumps.
- Continue to cream and gradually add granulated sugar.
- Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Mix vanilla and water.
- Add sifted ingredients alternately with the water mixture; begin and end with the dry ingredients. Keep mixer on low to blend.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around the sides and central tube to loosen cake.
- Invert cake on large round plate and turn out.
- Use another plate and turn cake right side up.
- Be gentle as cake breaks easily.
- Cool thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and combine with the brown sugar.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved.
- Cool slightly; beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle frosting over cake.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 780 Fat: 37g Saturated fat: 16g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 109g Sugar: 84g Sodium: 324mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 130mg