Potato Corn Soup
Serves: 6 servings
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ⅓ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp bacon drippings
- 1 cup water, divided
- 16 oz chicken broth
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1½ cups frozen hash brown shredded potatoes
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2½ Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half and half cream
- ¼ tsp black pepper dash cayenne pepper Parsley for garnish
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon and set aside leaving 1 Tbsp of drippings in the pan.
- In the same pan sauté onion, celery and red pepper in bacon drippings.
- Add ½ cup water, chicken broth, corn and hashbrowns.
- Whisk together Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, cornstarch and ½ cup water.
- While stirring, add to the soup mixture.
- Bring to a boil to thicken while stirring, then simmer.
- Add half of the bacon crumbles, cheese, Half and Half and seasonings.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with remainder of bacon crumbles and parsley.