Serves: 9 cups
- 5 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2½ cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion or leek
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ cups SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- 5 parsley sprigs
- 3 cups cold water
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ tsp black pepper pinch of garlic powder
- Cook potatoes in 2½ cups water with salt until tender.
- Reserve cooking water.
- Sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Place onion, some of the potatoes, some potato water, ½ cup SACO Mix’n Drink, and parsley in blender and puree.
- Do not fill blender more than half full at any time.
- Place potato mixture in large saucepan and repeat until all potatoes and water are pureed. (Optional: Leave some potatoes whole.)
- Heat mixture.
- In small pitcher combine 3 cups water and 1 cup Mix’n Drink.
- Add to saucepan mixture.
- Stirring continuously, add the cheese, butter and seasonings.
- Heat until the cheese is melted and soup is hot; do not boil.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 169 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 652mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 14mg