Pineapple Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¾ cup water 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup English walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pineapple flavoring
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup pineapple jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with water to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pineapple, English walnuts and flavorings. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 90 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack
- Combine lemon juice and jam in a small pan.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly.
- Cook until jam melts. Stir in powdered sugar.
- Spread over top of cake.
- Allow to cool completely. S
- tore in airtight container.
- If desired, garnish with pineapple slices and marachino cherries.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 524 Fat: 22g Saturated fat: 10g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 75g Sugar: 55g Sodium: 159mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 94mg