Pineapple Banana Shortcake
Serves: 16 servings
- 2⅓ cups Bisquick
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- 8 oz canned pineapple
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease 8 inch round pan.
- Mix Bisquick, sugar, melted butter, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend and water.
- Blend until a soft dough forms.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Spread with softened butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and almonds.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let cool 20 - 30 minutes.
- Split into horizontal layers.
- Place bottom layer on serving plate and top with half of the pineapple Cool Whip mixtures.
- Top with the remaining cake layer.
- Spread the remainder of the pineapple and Cool Whip topping. Slice banana and decorate top of cake.
- combine the pineapple and Cool Whip and set aside
Nutrition InformationCalories: 154 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 9g Sodium: 240mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg