Parsley Potato Biscuits
Serves: 12 biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients together; stir in potato and parsley flakes.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine sour cream and water with dry ingredients and mix just until dough follows fork around bowl.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead 10-12 times.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Using floured cutter, cut straight down; do not twist cutter.
- Brush tops with milk.
- Bake 10-12 minutes on ungreased baking sheet or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 194 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 24g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 269mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 11mg