Oven-Fried Buttermilk Drumsticks
Serves: 6 servings
- ½ cup bread crumbs, finely crushed
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp dry thyme*
- ½ tsp oregano leaves*
- 6 whole chicken legs (drumsticks 3 Tbsp melted butter or margarine salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bag combine crumbs, SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend and herbs.
- Rinse chicken and shake off most moisture.
- Shake legs in bag to coat with crumbs.
- Lay legs, skin side up, slightly apart in a greased 10 x 15-inch baking pan.
- Drizzle legs with melted butter.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until legs are brown and crisp and meat is no longer pink at bone (cut to test).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
- *May substitute ½ tsp. dry tarragon and ½ tsp. dry basil for thyme and oregano, if preferred.
- To use fresh herbs, substitute 1½ tsp. fresh, chopped thyme and oregano (or 1½ tsp. fresh, chopped tarragon and basil).
Nutrition InformationCalories: 476 Fat: 28g Saturated fat: 10g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 342mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 38g Cholesterol: 167mg