Orange Oat-Bran Spice Waffles
Serves: 6 waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unprocessed oat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Egg white Non-stick cooking spray
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and Buttermilk Blend.
- Stir well and set aside.
- In small mixing bowl combine water, juice, oil and egg white; whisk until well-blended.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Coat a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Allow waffle iron to preheat.
- Spoon ½ cup batter per waffle onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges.
- Bake 5 minutes or until steaming stops.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with sliced fresh fruit or fresh fruit puree.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 145 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 21g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 298mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 3mg