Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Serves: 1 lb
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup nuts, chopped
- Grease one 8-inch square baking pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan combine sugar, milk, cocoa, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, to 234°F on candy thermometer (or until small amount of mixture, dropped into very cold water, forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water).
- Remove from heat, add butter.
- Cool mixture to 120°F without stirring (bottom of pan will be lukewarm).
- Add vanilla, beat vigorously and continuously for 2 minutes with wooden spoon.
- Quickly stir in nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Cool until firm. Cut into squares.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 150 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 29g Sugar: 26g Sodium: 51mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg