Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Fudge
Serves: 1.5 lbs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In large 3-quart saucepan mix together sugar, baking soda, Buttermilk Blend and corn syrup.
- Stir in water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add butter and cook, stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage (236°F to 238°F).
- Mixture will turn a medium brown color.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm (110°F).
- Beat until mixture loses its gloss and starts to thicken.
- Stir in pecans.
- Turn into buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cool until firm, then cut into 36 pieces.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 129 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 19g Sodium: 49mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 6mg