Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Pancakes
Serves: 20, 4-inch pancakes
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- In large mixing bowl combine oatmeal and water; let stand for 5 minutes (if using quick-cooking oatmeal, you may omit the standing time).
- Mix in eggs and oil.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, Buttermilk Blend and brown sugar.
- Pour oatmeal mixture, raisins and pecans into dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Heat skillet or griddle until a drop of water dances on it, then lightly grease skillet.
- Drop 2 to 3 Tbsp of batter for each pancake onto skillet.
- When small bubbles break the surface, turn pancakes over and cook for 1 minute, or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Top with Spiced Applesauce and/or syrup.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 83 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 78mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg