Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or use cupcake liners.
- In medium mixing bowl beat egg.
- Add water and oats.
- Let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and Buttermilk Blend; set aside.
- Stir brown sugar and oil into oatmeal mixture.
- Mix in dry ingredients just until flour is moistened.
- Do not overbeat.
- Fill prepared muffin cups ⅔ full and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until light brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 163 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 23g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 306mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 2mg