Oatmeal Drop Biscuits
Serves: 16 biscuits
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 3 Tbsp margarine, cut into
- 3 pieces
- 1¼ cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease baking sheet(s).
- In large mixing bowl cut together the flour, baking powder, salt, Buttermilk Blend and margarine, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add oats; mix well.
- In small mixing bowl combine water, honey and egg.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Mix just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet(s) coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Note: Drop Biscuits have rough, uneven tops.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 97 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 265mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 18mg