No Fat Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
Serves: 9, 4-inch pancakes
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate, thaw
- ¼ cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In medium mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, Buttermilk Blend and sugar.
- In small mixing bowl combine the water, orange juice and egg substitute; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Heat skillet or griddle until a drop of water dances on it, then lightly grease skillet.
- Drop 2 to 3 Tbsp of batter for each pancake onto skillet.
- When small bubbles break the surface, scatter blueberries (8 to 10 per pancake) onto pancakes. Turn pancakes over and cook for 1 minute, or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 85 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 129mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 12mg