My Best Saco Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- Pound Cake
- 1 lb butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 9 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Topping Cool Whip
- Fresh or frozen fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend together.
- Add to butter mixture alternating with the water.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until done.
- When cooled, top with Cool Whip and choice of fruit.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 519 Fat: 27g Saturated fat: 16g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 64g Sugar: 39g Sodium: 449mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 170mg