Moist Glazed Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- ½ cup Crisco
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3⅓ cup cake flour
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Butter Nut flavoring
- 1 Tbsp spiced rum
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 10 oz maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup spiced rum
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together Crisco, butter, sugars and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs and water.
- In another bowl sift together the flour and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- Add egg mixture alternately with the flour mixture to the creamed, ending with the flour mixture.
- Add flavoring and rum.
- Stir in nuts, fold in cherries.
- Bake in an angel food cake pan for 90 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in rum.
- Prick top of cake.
- Drizzle and brush glaze evenly over top.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 633 Fat: 30g Saturated fat: 13g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 83g Sugar: 59g Sodium: 230mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 105mg