Minnesota Sunflower Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tbsp SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, melted
- 1 Tbsp golden yellow food coloring
- 1 tsp orange extract zest one orange
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease one loaf pan.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until well mixed.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend alternately with the water.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Remove 3 Tbsp of the batter and mix into the melted Saco Chocolate Chunks.
- Fill center of prepared pan with dark batter.
- To the original batter, add the food coloring, orange extract and orange zest.
- Pour colored batter into pan around the dark center.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes; or until done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan