Mexican Tortilla Soup
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 white corn tortillas shells
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 2 Tbsp roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cut in cubes
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- 15.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed ground cumin (not too much) chili powder
- Cut tortilla shells in to strips.
- Fry strips slightly in oil and set aside.
- Brown garlic and onions in pan.
- Add chicken broth and enchilada sauce.
- Add corn, diced potatoes, peppers and chicken breast.
- Cook for 15 minutes or more, and then add cilantro, cream, dry skim milk and beans.
- Add tortilla pieces and cook until all ingredients are combined; add salt, pepper,cumin and chili powder to taste.