Mediterranean Apricot & Pistachio Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 7 oz dried apricots, snipped with scissors
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 3 cups flour, divided
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup apricot nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 10 inch Bundt pan or any tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss apricots and pistachios with ¼ cup of the flour.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, for 30 seconds; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating about 1 minute after each addition.
- Mix in water, apricot nectar and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in nut mixture by hand.
- Pour batter in tube or Bundt pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Loosen from pan and invert onto a plate.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt apricot jam until smooth, 20-40 seconds.
- Brush warm glaze over cake.
- Decorate or garnish as desire.