Marylou’s Coffee Cake
Serves: 32 servings
- 2½ cups flour
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder Cinnamon for topping
- Fruit Mixture
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cups apples, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt and olive oil.
- Beat until smooth; Take out one cup of mixture and reserve for topping.
- Add walnuts.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, water, baking soda and baking powder.
- Combine with the flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread half of the cake batter into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Spread fruit mixture over batter.
- Top with remaining cake batter.
- Take the cup of reserved ingredients; crumble and spread over cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Fruit Mixture (In a small saucepan combine water and apples.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar and corn starch.
- Add to apples and cook until thick.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 117 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 23g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 136mg Fiber: 1f Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 12mg